General Terms and Conditions of Participation
By entering this challenge, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
1. Authorization to participate and win
1.1 Only natural persons aged 18 years or over are allowed to participate in these challenges. Employees of BOC Group or any associated company of BOC Group are excluded from participating. In addition to this, only those persons who have declared that they are participating in the respective challenge by consenting to these Terms and Conditions are entitled to win.
1.2 There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter these challenges.
1.3 Multiple participation and/or automatic computer generated submissions are not valid and therefore will not be considered.
1.4 Closing date for submission will be 31.07.2018, 23:59 (CET/MEZ). After this date no further submissions to the challenge will be accepted.
2.1 BOC Group will only collect your personal data (such as your name and contact details, including a valid email address) if you provide it voluntarily. This information is needed to participate in the challenge and will be used as described in section 2.2.
2.2 We collect, process, and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- 2.2.1 Name and email address to accomplish the challenges: This data is used for activating your account via registration link sent by email. Furthermore, it is necessary to send a Developer ID to the participant. The correct name is needed for proper salutation.
- 2.2.2 Name and address to send the prize to the winner
- 2.2.3 Name and email address for BOC Group’s recruiting purposes in case of a very good result of the challenge
- 2.2.4 For legal reasons: Your confirmation that you have read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- 2.2.5 The points in time when the participant registers, activates his/her account, fetches a personalized image and sends the generated code: This information is used to personalize the participant’s model with the points in time.
2.3 The server where this data will be stored is located in Switzerland. The service provider is CloudSigma AG.
3. Prizes and draw
3.1 A cash payout of the prize is not possible.
3.2 Winners will be chosen as follows:
- 3.2.1 Basic Challenge: Every participant who succeeds in completing the full task will get a free T-Shirt.
- 3.2.2 Advanced Challenge: Every participant who succeeds in completing the full task by uploading a working solution which processes data from BOC Group’s challenge REST service will get a free T-Shirt. Furthermore, all submissions will be examined by BOC Group. The best results of all submissions will be selected by BOC Group and only they get the chance to win. The winner will be chosen randomly from the set of best results. The candidates to win the advanced challenge will be chosen in camera and at BOC Group’s own discretion.
3.3 The prize will be delivered as follows:
- 3.3.1 Basic Challenge: The T-Shirt will be sent to successful participants without any other notification.
- 3.3.2 Advanced Challenge: The T-Shirt will be sent to successful participants without any other notification. The winner of the Nintendo Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be notified by email in advance. Afterwards the prize will be sent to the winner’s address.